Some wellness tips to prevent coughing in winters
Winters are at a peak & the temperature is falling constantly. In such a situation, the cough becomes a common problem. Viral infections that cause mild symptoms of cough or can be a serious threat to one’s health. If in case you face severe cough problems visit the best pulmonologist near you.
What causes cough in winters?
Here are some causes of cough in winters
- In winters, people get more exposed to chilly winds & low humidity that affects the body severely, thus leading to coughing problems.
- Contact with the people who are already suffering from the same. The droplet might transfer from one person to another while coughing or sneezing.
- An unhealthy diet & improper living patterns also contribute to coughing in winters. This lowers the body’s immunity system to fight against the virus causing this issue
What are the tips to prevent coughing in winters?
Here are some wellness tips that a person must follow to keep themselves protected from the most prevalent issue in winters i.e. cough.
- Wash hands regularly – It is essential to maintain proper hygiene & wash hands regularly, especially in this time of the pandemic. Considering the fact that cough is one of the prominent symptoms of omicron we must be more careful towards constantly washing and sanitising our hands to prevent any severe health problem.
- Stay hydrated – In winters, due to cold weather, it’s natural that we don’t often feel thirsty & this automatically reduces the water content in our body. Enough amount of fluid intake helps to flush out toxins from the body, thus keeping us healthy. So It is extremely essential to drink at least 2 litres of water daily to keep yourself hydrated.
- Eat healthy – Having a healthy and balanced meal during the season will help prevent cough as well as cold also & keep you fit and fine. A diet enriched with an ample amount of nutrients, vitamins & minerals will boost your immunity and reduce the risk of falling sick. In winters one must rely on eating more green vegetables, nuts, and fruits.
- Maintain social distancing – It is important to maintain proper social distancing from the people who are already coughing. Wearing masks in public places & taking proper precautions will reduce the risk of cough.
- Get enough sleep – It is essential to take 7-8 hours of proper sleep as it is essential to fight viruses and infection. When we get enough sleep, our body produces and releases cytokines, types of proteins that target infection and inflammation, thus keeping our immune system healthy
- Keep your surroundings clean – Keeping ourselves clean won’t be enough, it is equally important to keep your personal space & surroundings neat & clean. Viruses that cause cough can attack you if you touch a surface that was once used by an infected person without cleaning it properly. Hence, one must keep a proper check on it.
Why choose us?
The above tips & tricks will definitely help in preventing coughing issues but if in case you are already suffering from the same you must visit the best pulmonologist. Dr. Satya Ranjan Sahu is the best pulmonologist in Delhi and Gurugram. He has a wide experience of 10+ years to provide you with the best treatment for cough.
Book your appointment now.
Or raise your queries: email@example.com