Simple steps to avoid breathing complications in winter
A blast of cold air directly hits your face as you step outside. It is a brisk reminder that the harshness of winter has arrived. And a deep breath of icy air can be risky for people and can trigger symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath. If you are facing any of the above issues you must visit the best pulmonologist near you.
Here are a few simple steps to avoid breathing complications in winter:
- Avoid dirt and dust – The first and the foremost thing is to keep your surroundings clean. Keep washing your hands regularly before touching your nose directly. The dirt and dust accumulated in your space can enter through the nostrils leading to irritation and problems while breathing.
- Refrain from outdoor activities – If in case you are facing any breathing issues in winter, ward off from going outside as you may get exposed to pollutants, allergens, and environmental toxins. Also avoid doing any rigorous physical outdoor activities like running, jogging etc. that will increase the risk of breathing issues.
- Avoid weather triggers – Direct exposure to frosty weather conditions and chilly winds in winter may trigger issues like cough and cold, asthmatic problems, lung disorders, nasal allergic reactions etc that lead to difficulty in breathing. The fall in temperature can lead to various health issues that ultimately affect the breathing pathway.
- Breathing exercises – In winters, one can rely on deep breathing exercises such as Ujjayi Pranayama, Kapalbhati Pranayama, Nadi Shodhana etc are a few pranayama techniques that can improve the breathing process. Doing these exercises regularly can open up the dried-out nasal passages, thus eases the breathing process.
- Get yourself treated – If in case you feel breathlessness, rush to the doctor to get treated. A doctor diagnoses your problem closely and gives the best treatment as per the severity of the issue.
- Take proper medications – People suffering from breathing problems like asthma or lung issues must take proper medication as suggested by their doctor. Not taking medicines on time or skipping a dose can lead to severe breathing complications.
Why choose us?
The above few measures can provide help to some extent in case of breathing complications, the best treatment can only be given by the best pulmonologist. Dr. Satya Ranjan Sahu is the best pulmonologist in Delhi and Gurugram. He has a wide experience of 10+ years and is well-versed with how to provide you with the best treatment for breathlessness. Dr. Satya takes extensive care of his patients to make them feel comfortable, deeply discusses their problems and provides them the best treatment accordingly.
Book your appointment now.
Or raise your queries: email@example.com