Here is everything you need to know about COPD( Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
What is COPD?
COPD i.e. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a chronic lung problem that causes inflammation & obstruction in breathing. If in case you face the problem of CPOD rush to the best pulmonologist near you and get yourself treated.
What are the common types of CPOD?
What are the symptoms of CPOD?
Here are some symptoms of CPOD visible at an early stage :
- Sometimes breathlessness after doing a workout
- Recurring mild cough
- Sore throat or an urge to clear the throat often on a regular basis
Here are some symptoms in case of severe COPD :
- Shortness of breath even after less physical activity
- High pitch wheezing problems
- Stiffness in chest
- Constant severe cough
- Frequent cold, flu, or other respiratory infections
- Low energy
- Weight loss issues
What are the causes of CPOD?
Here are a few causes of CPOD:
- Exposure to smoke & tobacco – If you are a chain smoker or consume tobacco on a frequent basis, this leads to CPOD issues. It is more prevalent in people above 40 years of age
- Exposure to dust particles & harmful chemicals – Long-term exposure to chemical fumes and dust particles in the workplace can lead to inflammation in the lungs and can end up damaging them permanently
- Exposure to fumes of burning fuel – In many places around the country, people exposed to fumes of burning fuel either for cooking food or due to living in a poorly ventilated place are at higher risk of suffering from COPD.
- Genetics disorder – Genetic predisposition can be one of the prominent causes of COPD. In some people, COPD develops because of the deficiency of a protein called alpha-1-antitrypsin which is produced in the lungs. If the production of AAT is less then it results in the damage of sensitive lung tissue.
Why visit Dr. Satya Ranjan Sahu?
Dr. Satya Ranjan Sahu is the best Lung Specialist and the best Pulmonologist in Delhi. He has a wide experience of 10+ years. He is highly qualified and has successfully treated multiple patients over the years which has helped his patients to maintain healthy lungs. If you book an appointment with him, he makes a sincere effort to make you feel comfortable and take appropriate measures to make you feel comfortable
Book your appointment now.
Or raise your queries: email@example.com